West Auckland’s Premier Law Firm (Free Staff Parking)
Flexible Working arrangements (part time/work from home)
Be valued, recognised and rewarded for your contribution
Family Solicitor – Part Time
Family Solicitor in a growing, successful, full-service law firm.
Are you a Family Lawyer looking for a flexible work arrangement? Does the idea of working in a fun, collaborative office with a full support team appeal? Do you want to work in family law, but without the risk and stress of operating as a barrister? Or are you looking to return to law after a break? If you answered yes, then read on, because this is an opportunity not to be missed!
Smith and Partners is a well-established boutique-style general practice firm located just off the motorway on Lincoln Road, Henderson with free staff parking on-site. Due to expansion, we are seeking to employ another family solicitor.
You will be working in alongside established family lawyers as part of our extensive dispute resolution team. Our family law clients are all full-fee paying clients as we do not provide legal aid services. Our family law practice focuses on relationship property and care of children matters, along with PPPR applications.
As the successful applicant, you will be part of a cohesive, collaborative team where everyone’s input is valued, where we value work-life balance and celebrate success. Tech savvy, you’ll be working with advanced legal technology in modern offices to provide client focused service.
As a successful applicant you will have:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience working in Family Law in New Zealand
- A passion for helping people and providing excellent client service
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- An attitude of always striving for excellence in everything that you do
- A growth mind-set, always seeking continuous improvement in your practice
- A high level of computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to explain legal concepts in plain English
Benefits of working at Smith and Partners
- An experienced family law personal assistant
- Office assistants to help with photocopying and preparing legal bundles
- Experienced word processing team to process dictation
- Senior Partners and Family Law consultants
- Ability to bounce ideas off other people and have down time with a fun, positive team
- Benefit of being part of a collaborative team in a full-service firm – when working on relationship property with trusts or businesses – you have access to trust law and business law experts within the firm
- Opportunity to mentor and develop law clerks
- Awesome social events!
- Access to ongoing CPD and courses (well over and above Law Society requirements)
- Access to law text books, Westlaw, etc
- Access to modern Practice Management software, Infinitylaw to help manage files
- Remote access to computer systems so that you can access email & client files from anywhere
About Smith and Partners
Smith and Partners was founded in 1988 and has grown to be the largest and most respected legal practice in West Auckland. Our success is driven by a focus on team culture, excellence, placing people first, collaboration and being pioneering within the legal sector.
As a firm we do not rest on our laurels and place a strong emphasis on continuously improving our service, our legal knowledge and the practicalities of the way we practice the law. We embrace legal technology where it serves our ability to put our clients first and provide excellence in all that we do.
Our strong team culture is based on collaboration and growth for both the team and the individual. We are committed to providing a supportive, family-friendly environment where work-life balance is encouraged.
We celebrate success and people who demonstrate our core values. We are committed to training and staff development across all levels. We are focused on recruiting the right candidates for our culture and rewarding and retaining the super stars that make up our team.
We invite you to experience the opportunity to be the best that you can be. If you think that our firm and this role is the right fit for you, contact General Manager – People, Marketing & Strategy, Julia Heckler by emailing your CV and cover letter, with the subject line ‘Family Solicitor’, to firstname.lastname@example.org.