If you are looking to buy a business, you need a business lawyer who is skilled in understanding all the aspects of purchasing a business. Whether you are purchasing a franchise or a stand-alone business, conducting a management buyout or completing an acquisition to integrate into your existing business our skilled business law experts are specialists in business purchases and can help ensure you are making the right investment.
As legal experts in business law, we will we make sure you understand all the documentation, provide practical commercial advice in plain English, negotiate on your behalf with the seller, liaise with your lender, business broker and accountant, assist you to conduct the pre-purchase due diligence and provide commercially sound advice throughout the process.
Due diligence is a key aspect of any business purchase. Our business law experts have the experience to review all the contracts involved in the business (Intellectual property, employment, supply & distribution agreements, leases etc)
We are skilled at working with other advisors such as business brokers, accountants and lenders to create a successful outcome for you. Our team are skilled negotiators and can help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Call our Business Lawyers today for help with:
- Reviewing the Agreement for Sale & Purchase of the Business
- Advising on the correct structure of the business
- Advice on whether to purchase the assets or the shares of the business
- Advice on ongoing business documentation for your new venture (Shareholders Agreements, Company Constitutions, Employment Agreements etc)
- Review existing leases or commercial property ownership documentation
- Assist with applications to have the lease reassigned
- Review Plant and asset lists
- Conduct Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) searches.
- Review existing employee contracts
- Review existing contracts (Supply/ Distribution/ Licencing/ Manufacturing etc)
- Advise on and review consents and council licences required
- Assisting you to obtain finance and reviewing finance and bank security documentation