Smith and Partners are fully available during the Covid-19 shut down. We will be serving existing and new clients remotely. Please visit our Resources page for articles and information relating to the legal aspects of Covid-19. Please phone or email us as normal.
As West Auckland’s leading law firm, Smith and Partners Lawyers have been helping develop West Auckland business and community since 1988. Our skilled team of lawyers provide easy to understand legal advice in property law, business law, commercial property law, family law, employment law, estates, elder law, wills & trusts, debt collection and litigation.
Whether you are a business owner wanting commercially astute advice to help grow your business and protect your hard work, or an individual navigating the complexities of life — property, relationships, family, employment and protecting your assets — our team will provide you with the right advice for your situation — in plain English that you can understand.
OUR PRACTICES AROUND COVID 19:
In light of the new guidance from the Government, Smith and Partners will be working remotely from Tuesday 24 March 2020. Our full staff are still on board to help you with any legal requirements you may have.
We are able conduct client meetings over the phone and by video conference. All the office numbers will be redirected so you can still phone us as normal.
We appreciate that these uncertain times are causing stress and concern. The rapid rate of change means that seeking good advice early may help you and/or your business weather this storm.
Some of the Legal areas which businesses should consider in their preparations include:
- Contracts – what are your obligations to your customers? What are your suppliers’ and business partners obligations to you?
- Restructuring, Redundancy and any variations to the terms of employment, including a reduction in work hours
- Any other employment related issues, including obligations and entitlements for employees during Covid-19
- Health and safety procedures
- Solvency issues– including cashflow, debt collection & PPSR matters
- Liaising with liquidators
- Director’s duties
- Commercial Leases – for landlords and tenants
- Wills & Enduring powers of attorney
- Trusts & Memorandum of Wishes
If you have any concerns, please feel free to discuss them with any of our friendly team.
Kia Kaha. Stay safe.
IN WEST AUCKLAND
HELPING DEVELOP AND GROW WEST AUCKLAND BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY SINCE 1988
24 March, 2020 | Nathan Tetzlaff
23 March, 2020 | Alana Kalinowski