When the time comes to sell your business, it is important that you seek legal advice before selling your business to ensure that the Agreement for Sale & Purchase contains the right provisions for your specific business. As experts in business sales we can help ensure that the sale covers any ongoing liability in regards to council, the business premises lease, existing employees, GST, existing creditors etc.
We can help assist you with preparing for the due diligence that the purchaser will expect to conduct, along with drafting any required confidentially agreements to cover the event that the purchase does not go ahead. We can also help negotiate your exit package, including any handover period if that is part of the sale deal.
Contact our Business Lawyers today for help with:
- Review or Draft the Agreement for Sale & Purchase of the business
- Advice on whether to sell the business shares or assets
- Business conveyancing
- Advice on Mergers & Acquisitions
- Family succession
- Management buyouts
- Negotiate any restraint of trade provisions
- Completing share transfers
- Assigning existing leases and reducing your ongoing liability
- Ensuring your lender releases any security held (when loans are repaid from the sale)
- Getting releases of guarantees