The large number of family trusts in New Zealand leads to a large number of disputes over family trusts. Changing trust law, and continuing changes in the ways trusts are treated by the Courts leads to further issues.
Our trust litigation team are experienced is helping parties to resolve disputes over family trusts, and focus on out of court resolution where possible. We regularly act for trustees, beneficiaries and other interested parties who are in dispute over aspects of a family trust.
Family trust disputes are often further complicated by the fact that they are usually family disputes. Where appropriate, our team works collaboratively with all parties in an effort to resolve the dispute, and maintain ongoing relationships. We can help you achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Our trust litigation team can help you with:
- Adding or removing trustees
- Trustee disputes
- Beneficiary claims
- Creditor claims
- Claims against trust assets
- Sham / illusory trust claims
- Relationship property claims
- Trustee performance disputes
- Applications to the High Court for directions
- Breach of trust
- Issues of entitlement to trust information
- Challenges to trustee decisions
- Trustee liability
- Applications to the court to review actions and decisions of trustees