Regulatory Compliance & Competition Law
Dealing with regulatory compliance can be a real headache for businesses. We get it, and we’re here to work closely with you to help you understand the rules, ensure you don’t inadvertently breach the law, and lower the chances of formal investigations by regulators.
We understand the unique challenges of balancing managing compliance, mitigating risk and growing a thriving, successful business with a great reputation. Clear, practical guidance on regulations enables our clients to focus on their operations, reducing the time they need to concern themselves with regulatory compliance.
Our Regulatory Compliance Services include:
Compliance Audits: We conduct comprehensive assessments of your business operations to identify potential compliance issues and recommend proactive solutions.
Regulatory Advice: Our team provides clear and practical advice to help you understand and navigate the regulatory landscape, minimising legal risks and responding to enforcement procedures.
Policy Development & Training: We assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures that align with local and international regulations while promoting best practices within your organisation. To ensure company-wide compliance, we offer training sessions that equip your team members with practical methods to maintain compliance.
Monopoly and Competition Law:
• Unfair competition
• Price fixing
• Market allocation
• Cartel behaviour
• Monopolistic practices
• Merger control and review
• Commerce Commission investigations
Importing/ Trade & Customs Law
• Health & Safety Regulations for imported goods.
• Tariffs and duties
Advertising and Marketing Law:
• Advertising standards and regulations
• False advertising
• Deceptive marketing practices
• Social Media marketing disclosure rules
• Intellectual property issues in advertising
Consumer Protection & Product Liability Law:
• Food safety regulations
• Product safety regulations
• Product recalls and liability
• Consumer product compliance
• Consumer Guarantees Act
• Fair Trading Act
• Fair Trade investigations by the Commerce Commission
• Consumer Guarantees Disputes brought by individuals.
• Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI) investigations
Financial Services Regulation:
• Securities and exchange regulations
• Anti-Money Laundering (AML) & Countering Financing of Terrorism (CFT)
• Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
• Financial Markets Conduct Act (FMC)
• Financial Service Providers Act (FSP)
• Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 (CCFA)
• Responsible lending, disclosure, & due diligence
• Financial Markets Authority (FMA) investigations
• Serious Fraud Office (SFO) investigations
• Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) investigations
Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Law:
• Data protection regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA)
• Cybersecurity standards and compliance
• Privacy Act
• Investigations by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner
No child posts found.
Regulatory Compliance & Competition Law Experts
23 November, 2023 | Bret Gower
9 November, 2023 | Chantal Laidler
2 November, 2023 | Bret Gower
17 October, 2023 | Nathan Tetzlaff