Our Auckland Relationship Property Lawyers are New Zealand Relationship Property Law Experts – whether you are looking to protect your assets with a family trust or contracting out agreement (pre-nup / pre-nuptial agreement) or need advice on your rights when separating relationship property when a relationship ends, we have the experience to help ensure your rights, entitlements and assets are protected.
If you are separating from a relationship partner (click to learn more about how we can help you with separation).
Contracting Out Agreements allow you to “contract out” of the requirements of the Property (Relationships) Act 1976 which determine how relationship property is divided in the event of separation or death. The key to a successful Contracting Out Agreement (including the ability for it to stand up to potential litigation in the future) is for both parties to receive the right advice from the beginning.
Our relationship property lawyers can help you today with:
- Assistance introducing the idea of a contracting out agreement to your partner
- Drafting contracting out agreements
- Negotiating the terms of the contracting out agreement
- Explaining your rights and entitlements
- Providing independent advice on a contracting out agreement when a different law firm has drafted the agreement