Property/Commercial Lawyer – 3+ Years NZ PQE
- West Auckland’s Premier Law Firm
- Successful, Fast Growing, Tech Savvy and Pioneering Law Firm
- Opportunity to move into Commercial Law
As West Auckland’s leading law firm, Smith and Partners is a well-established mid-size general practice. Due to rapid growth, we are seeking to employ an experienced intermediate property lawyer to work in our property and commercial team.
The ideal applicant will have an established background in property law and be looking to move into a position with more of a commercial law focus.
As the successful applicant, you will be part of a thriving and rapidly growing practice which embraces modern thinking and continuous improvement. Tech savvy, you’ll be working with advanced legal technology in modern offices to provide client focused service. We use InfinityLaw, along with Maestro for conveyancing and NomosOne for commercial leasing.
This role will provide you with a steady flow of interesting and challenging work ranging across commercial property including buying, selling and leasing, residential property and commercial law. You’ll be developing long term relationships with clients and working within a busy, dynamic and collaborative team of high achievers dedicated to excellence and client service.
This is a rare opportunity to secure your spot in one of Auckland’s fastest growing firms, with real opportunities for career growth. Where your leadership skills and legal experience will be developed and mentored by experts.
As a successful applicant you will have:
- 3+ Years NZ based experience in property and/or general practice
- Excellent organisation and file management
- An astute understanding of legal principals and how to apply them to real world commercial situations
- Superior negotiation and drafting skills
- A passion for client service, and an understanding of the needs of a face-paced commercial environment
- A collaborative approach
- An interest in marketing and business development
- An advocate for continuous improvement in systems and technology
- Attention to detail
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude to life
- A sound understanding of accounting principles would be an advantage
About Smith and Partners
Smith and Partners was founded in 1988 and has grown to become the premium and most respected law firm in West Auckland.
We have a strong team culture based on a highly collaborative and politics-free environment where success, team spirit and excellent work are valued and rewarded.
We celebrate success and people who demonstrate our core values – excellence, people first, collaboration and being pioneering. We are committed to training and staff development across all levels, including personal development plans for every staff member. We are focused on recruiting the right candidates for our culture and rewarding and retaining the super stars that make up our team.
If you think that our firm and this role is the right fit for you, contact General Manager – People & Strategy, Julia Heckler by emailing your CV and cover letter, with the subject line ‘Property & Commercial Solicitor’, to email@example.com