Graduate Lawyer – Property
Smith and Partners is a modern full-service law firm with specialist expertise in residential and commercial property, business law, wills, trusts and estate planning, elder law, estate administration and litigation and dispute resolution – including specialist teams in debt collection, civil disputes, employment, estate litigation and family law.
Due to rapid expansion we are seeking a high achieving graduate lawyer who is passionate about helping people and achieving the best result for their clients.
We have a track record of building great careers and providing excellent training and mentoring to junior lawyers. This is your opportunity to join a growth focused, modern firm with abundant career opportunities.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced property and commercial team with a focus on providing impeccable client service. The role will initially focus on residential property, with the opportunity to learn about estate planning, wills, family trusts and enduring powers of attorney and potential growth into other areas within the firm.
Required experience and qualifications:
- LLB degree
- Strong academic record
- Must have completed or be in the process of completing your professionals
- Must be currently residing in NZ
- Must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit
- Candidates with demonstratable client serviced skills from part time work will be preferred
Key skills and attributes
You will display:
- A passion for helping people and providing excellent client service
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Initiative and a can-do attitude
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- An attitude of always striving for excellence in everything that you do
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to explain legal concepts in plain English
About Smith and Partners
Smith and Partners was founded in 1988 and has grown to be the largest and most respected legal practice in West Auckland. Our success is driven by a focus on team culture, excellence, placing people first, collaboration and being pioneering within the legal sector.
As a firm we do not rest on our laurels and place a strong emphasis on continuously improving our service, our legal knowledge and the practicalities of the way we practice the law. We embrace legal technology where it serves our ability to put our clients first and provide excellence in all that we do.
Our strong team culture is based on collaboration and growth for both the team and the individual. We are committed to providing a supportive, family-friendly environment where work-life balance is encouraged.
We celebrate success and people who demonstrate our core values. We are committed to training and staff development across all levels. We are focused on recruiting the right candidates for our culture and rewarding and retaining the super stars that make up our team.
We also provide free onsite staff parking.
To apply please email your CV, academic transcript and a one-page cover letter telling us why you would like to work for Smith and Partners to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Graduate Lawyer – Property”