Entry Level Office Assistant
West Auckland’s Premier Law Firm (Free Staff Parking)
Flexible Working arrangements (part time/work from home)
Be valued, recognised and rewarded for your contribution
Rare opportunity to begin your career in law – Entry Level Office Assistant
Smith and Partners is a well-established boutique-style general practice firm located just off the motorway on Lincoln Road, Henderson with free staff parking on-site. Due to expansion, we are seeking to employ an office assistant.
This is an entry level role, no previous office experience is required, but would be an advantage. Full training would be provided on the job. For the right applicant, the potential career path for this role is to move into a Legal Secretary/Personal Assistant position and then on to a Legal Executive role.
This role is particularly suited to a smart, career driven individual who would prefer to learn on the job rather than attending university/training.
We have a track record of building great careers and providing excellent training and mentoring to all staff. This is your opportunity to join a growth focused, modern firm with abundant career opportunities.
You will be working alongside our team of Personal Assistants/Legal Secretaries supporting lawyers and legal executives with their work. The hours are 8:30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The role encompasses:
- General administration
- Data entry
- Back up reception duties
- AML (Anti-money laundering) compliance
As a successful applicant you will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- A passion for helping people and providing excellent client service
- A can-do attitude, be enthusiastic and motivated to learn
- A current New Zealand drivers license;
- Computer literacy including; Excel and Word
- Impeccable attention to detail
- NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit
- Candidates with demonstratable client serviced skills from part time work will be preferred
Benefits of working at Smith and Partners
- An experienced family law personal assistant
- Office assistants to help with photocopying and preparing legal bundles
- Experienced word processing team to process dictation
- Senior Partners and Family Law consultants
- Ability to bounce ideas off other people and have down time with a fun, positive team
- Benefit of being part of a collaborative team in a full-service firm – when working on relationship property with trusts or businesses – you have access to trust law and business law experts within the firm
- Opportunity to mentor and develop law clerks
- Awesome social events!
- Access to ongoing CPD and courses (well over and above Law Society requirements)
- Access to law text books, Westlaw, etc
- Access to modern Practice Management software, Infinitylaw to help manage files
- Remote access to computer systems so that you can access email & client files from anywhere
About Smith and Partners
Smith and Partners was founded in 1988 and has grown to be the largest and most respected legal practice in West Auckland. Our success is driven by a focus on team culture, excellence, placing people first, collaboration and being pioneering within the legal sector.
As a firm we do not rest on our laurels and place a strong emphasis on continuously improving our service, our legal knowledge and the practicalities of the way we practice the law. We embrace legal technology where it serves our ability to put our clients first and provide excellence in all that we do.
Our strong team culture is based on collaboration and growth for both the team and the individual. We are committed to providing a supportive, family-friendly environment where work-life balance is encouraged.
We celebrate success and people who demonstrate our core values. We are committed to training and staff development across all levels. We are focused on recruiting the right candidates for our culture and rewarding and retaining the super stars that make up our team.
We invite you to experience the opportunity to be the best that you can be. If you think that our firm and this role is the right fit for you, contact General Manager – People, Marketing & Strategy, Julia Heckler by emailing your CV, cover letter – and if a recent school leaver, your most recent school reports, with the subject line ‘Office Assistant’, to firstname.lastname@example.org.