2023 Law Scholarship Application Form
Applications must be received by 5pm Friday, 19 May 2023. You can submit your application online, by courier or in person at: Law Scholarship, Smith and Partners, 293 Lincoln Road, Henderson, Auckland or by post to: Law Scholarship, Smith and Partners, PO Box 104065, Lincoln North, Auckland 0654.
We request that you do not supply original documents.
Applicants must supply:
- A short essay (up to 250 words) on ‘Why I would like to be a lawyer‘
- An essay (up to 500 words) on ‘What makes West Auckland great’
- A copy of most recent school report
- A copy of your most recent school exam results or a letter from school stating exam results
- Proof of New Zealand residency or citizenship
- (A copy of Passport (NZ or Australia), or Birth Certificate (NZ or Australia), or NZ Permanent Residency Visa or NZ Citizenship Certificate)
- A letter of recommendation from your school Principal, Associate Principal or Dean stating that you are enrolled at their school and that your current academic record suggests that you are likely to achieve acceptance into a New Zealand university law programme in the following year.
- A completed application form
- Finalists must also be available for an interview.
- Finalists must supply a digital copy of their “What makes West Auckland great” essay to qualify for the people’s choice award